Thursday, July 7, 2016

Blog Post #3, Sculpting My Online Persona


I started revamping my online reputation and footprint about a year ago. I went drastic and haven't made many strides to develop since. This class is helping me rethink steps to take so the content better represents me professionally and adultly (yes it's a word). Until yesterday Twitter seemed a place for gossip and trollers. To see the professional side is refreshing. I'm not ready to take the full plunge but looking around there are some avenues worth exploring. Plenty of pages to follow and hashtags to search, almost overwhelming. But never fail, there are always people out there doing some of the footwork for you. A few good suggestions for the classroom like roleplay, following issues, or take and share notes sound great. Up until now I was mostly sharing Buzzfeed for life hacks, which is fun but when students take a tour around other lists there are quite a few less than educational may be best they don't find. Way too visual!

1 comment:

  1. Twitter still intimidates me too. I think the professor is right though. Its all about honing your feed to make it what you really want.

    The first time I went on Twitter I got tons of spam and my feed was absolutely useless but now I really like the look of TweetDeck.

    ReplyDelete