Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Blog Post #7: I like Prezi


 Prezi! My favorite tool so far has been Prezi. I've been stealing from co-workers, *cough* Ian Pollard *cough*@hermanator1023 (thank you buddy). After he and other coworkers took this class they so graciously shared their wealth. We've been teaching a lot of the same stuff for so long it was great to vamp up the old Power Points with Prezis. This Modern Family intro before watching the show is a gem. We are fortunate enough at my university to be trusted with a certain amount of multi media in the classroom. It often seems like wasting time to put on videos, can easily be a lazy class. Showing the Prezi first gives a fun summary helping hold the students' attention. I found that after incorporating the warm up Prezi into the lesson the students were more engaged during the show, more completed their worksheet, and we had better class discussions.







3 comments:

  1. Totally agree! Prezi is a great change of pace for presenting and great to hold students attention

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Prezi would be my runner-up favorite tool that I have used since starting this class. I agree that this tool is a nice improvement on Powerpoint. I like that it is online and very versatile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying Prezi. I think Bucheon is building a Prezi army, or at least a movement.

    ReplyDelete