Friday, July 15, 2016

Blog Post #9, my fave concept: PLN




 The concept that has stayed with me is the Personal Learning Network.  Maybe I'm not so crazed about plunging into the virtual professional network but I do feel my students can greatly benefit from being aware of and utilizing social media for professional development.  The world is fast paced these days, globalized communication is rapid fire quick.  Looking beyond the creepiness of apps like Twitter and Instagram there is an undercurrent of valuable resources.  Most of us have been aware of the need to have your resume out there, read articles and watch TEDtalks maybe, keep up with the latest in our field.  But the discussion about proactively looking for people and organizations to connect with makes perfect sense.  Yeah, the PLN is definitely my favorite concept that I will choose to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment